Nashville Globe – January 18, 1907
- Rev. Giles Davis, formerly pastor of Baker’s Chapel C.M.E. Church, preached here last Tuesday night to a large and appreciative audience.
- Prof. G. W. Hynes made two exhibitions of his fine scene plays here last week.
- Mrs. Emma Dozier spent last Sunday at Edgefield Junction.
- Miss Anna L. Hendricks is spending this week at Ridgetop.
- Mrs. Litha Grizzard visited Nashville this week.
- Mr. Thomas Jones, of Nashville, visited Mr. Charles Finch last week. Mr. Finch was sick for several weeks, but he is well again.
- Miss Rosa B. Hendricks is an important factor in the Congregational Sunday school.
- Mrs. Willie Finch recently presented Rev. J. C. Russell with a box of fine linen paper and envelopes.
- Rev. R. C. McLendon has matriculated at the Walden Theological Seminary.
- Mrs. Kate Utley declares that the Globe is indispensable to real race growth.
- Mr. Ernest Baker, who is temporarily residing in Nashville, visited relatives and friends last Sunday.
- Mr. G. W. Haynes will preach at the Congregational Church next Sunday.
- Miss Kittie Garrett begins the New Year by renewing her subscription for the Globe.
- Mr. J. J. Green, a student of the college department of Fisk University, will visit here next Sunday and render assistance in religious services.
- Mr. J. M. Payne takes advantage of every opportunity to widen the circulation of the Globe, and the fruits of his effort are seen in the new interest and race pride which this community has received within the past few months.
- Messrs. Nicholas Matthews and Will Patton renewed their subscription for the Globe last week