Nashville Globe – January 18, 1907
- Mrs. Ellen C. Elliott, of Hot Springs, Ark., proprietress of the Elliott Flat, arrived last Thursday to spend a few days at the home of her mother, Mrs. A.L. Perry.
- The new officers of the Mt. Zion Baptist Sunday School are Miss Mabel Brown, Secretary; Mrs. M.C. Wade, Assistant Secretary, and R. L. Perry, Treasurer.
- All the officers of the Sand Hill Union Sunday School were re-elected. Since its organization it has been using the National Baptist literature, introduced by R.L. Perry, without any complaint whatever; but now this school has decided to use literature of the Methodist denomination. We thank the National Baptist Publishing Board for their kindness and the assistance rendered us during the three years past.
- Mr. J. W. Tucker has returned with his bride, and is now working at home.
- Mrs. A. L. Field and daughter, Linnie of Bowling Green, Ky., are busily engaged entertaining and visiting friends, as they will soon leave for their home.