Nashville Globe – January 25, 2007
- Mrs. Bettie Phillips is on the sick list.
- Rev. James Finnell and wife, Messrs. Geo W. Voorhies, and Ed. Bills drove over to Pisgah last Sunday evening to administer sacrement to Mrs. Leah Phillips, a sick member of Brook’s Chapel M.E. Church.
- Rev. Allison Ridley, of Waynesboro, Tenn., preached a very interesting sermon at Brook’s Chapel, at 11 o’clock a.m. last Sunday and also at 7 pm. After the services Mrs. J.C. Crawley presented a very nice Bible to the pastor and members of the Brook’s Chapel M.E. Church, which was highly appreciated.
- Mr. William Watson, our wide-a-wake farmer, has just purchased a fine farm of 127 acres on the Nolensville pike, making a payment of $1,000 cash, balance on time of 1,2,3 and 4 years. We predict for Mr. Watson great success in his undertaking. We only wish that this country was filled with men of Mr. Watson’s make up.
- Mr. Whitfield Phillips, of Nashville, visited his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Anthony Phillips last sunday.