February 15, 1907
- The remains of Miss Mary Moore, who died in Nashville, arrived Saturday and were taken to the home of her sister, Mrs. Ella Wheatly, on East 7th street. Her funeral was conducted at Beach Grove Baptist Church, of which she was a member. She was the wife of the late Rev. George Moore, former pastor of said church. Mrs. Moore had made her home with her sister, Mrs. Wheatly, for a number of years, and although she was an invalid she was cheerful and will be missed from the family circle.
- Miss Bessie Patton, of Nashville, was visiting friends here for a few days last week.
- Mrs. Hattie Fleming is in Nashville at the bed side of her husband, who is very low.
- Miss Janie Green will go to Nashville soon to reside.
- Mr. Clifford Howard, of Chicago, who is visiting his mother, Mrs. Mary Young, on 18th street, is in very poor health.
- Dr. J. G. Johnson passed through Columbia last week en route to Pulaski.