Marriages as announced in the 1902 Meharry News. See the Mehary Library Archives page for more information.
- Dr. Cato H. Wilson & Mattie E. Warren married in Americus, Georgia
- Minnie Lee Gibson to Dr. J. Lucian Carwins
- Violet Black & Dr. E.W.D. Alexander married in Austin, Texas
- Indianna Cobb and Mr. J.M. Robinson
- Dr. A.M. Townsend & Willie Hadley
- Dr. A.J. Davis & Nannie Pegram
- Dr. A.J. Jordan & Ida Pegram
- Dr. Charles R. Cooper & Eunice Lois Chesterfield
- Dr. E.G. Overby & Docia Claggett
- Wm. Sevier & Annie Spikes
- Dr. J. Ballard Hughes & J. Olivia Ratcliff – Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Gabriella E. Mays & S. Means Plair – Jacksonville, Florida
- Dr. Jesse B. Covington & Jennie B. Murphy
One name in this list that I recognized was that of Dr. A.M. Townsend. His name has appeared in several articles I’ve transcribed from the Nashville Globe and shared on this blog. I also have one article up so far that mentions his wife, though her name was printed as Willa instead of Willie.
The Nashville Public Library has an index of marriages in Nashville between 1864-1905 and Townsend & Hadley do not appear there, despite the fact that got married here in Nashville at the Spruce Street Church. It goes to show you have to rely on multiple sources!