From the May 20, 1960 issue of the Nashville Globe
- BEDFORD, Mrs. Hattie – May 14, at a local nursing home
- CECIL, Wade – May 10 at a local hospital
- COLLIER, Mrs. Daisy – May 14 at a local infirmary
- COPELAND, Rev. Thornton – May 16 at a hospital in Detroit, Mich.
- CROOK, Mrs. Katie – May 9 in Chicago, Ill.
- CURTIS, John Bowing – May 8th at a local hospital
- FOWKLES, Mrs. Annie Bell – May 17 at her home 1720 Jefferson St.
- HAMPTON, Mr. Thomas – suddenly May 16 at a local hospital
- HARRIS, Mrs. Rhoda Ann – May 9 at a local infirmary
- HARVEY, Mr. William McKinley – suddenly May 13 at a local infirmary
- KNIGHT, Mr. Willie Rogers – suddenly May 15 at a local hospital.
- MALONE, Mrs. Mary Kate-Lyda – May 14 at a local infirmary
- SAMPLE, Mr. William – May 16 at his residence 594 J.C. Napier Cts.
- SIMS Sr., Mr. Harvey R. – May 15 in Phoenix, Arizona
- SWANSON, Miss Georgia Lee – suddenly May 9 at a local infirmary
- TERRY, Dr. Maggie E. – May 15 at residence of sister 2107 Osage St.
- WATSON Sr., Mr. Cain – May 9 at his residence in Cincinatti, Ohio
Posted by Taneya on February 28, 2010
Nashville Globe – 1 Mar 1907
Mr. William Thomas King, of 1616 Patterson street, and Miss Ada Lee Harris, of 513 Fourth avenue, South, were quietly united in the holy bonds of matrimony Sunday, February 24, at 4:$5 o’clock, at the home of Rev. C.H. Clark, 610 Jo Johnston avenue. The ceremony was performed by Dr. Clark in the presence of a few relatives, after which they were driven to the home of Mrs. M.S. King, mother of the groom, where they were served, with an elaborate six o’clock dinner which consisted of several courses.
Those seated around the dining table were Mr. and Mrs. W.T. King, Mr. and Mrs. R.L. King, Mrs. M.S. King, Misses Mary Clark, Ophelia Alexander, Nellie E. King, Little Connie May King, Dr. Oliver Reynolds and Mr. Waymon Box. A number of presents both handsome and expensive were received.
The bride made a lovely picture in a creation of grey and blue grenadine over blue silk with hat to match. She carried a bouqet of white and red carnations with white ribbon.
Posted by Taneya on January 21, 2009
As reported in the July 19, 1907 issue of the Nashville Globe –the following were married.
Dick Smith & Annie King
Richard Dixon & Lizzie Roddy
Thomas Hurt & Hattie Symptom
A. Tunsell and Emma Fatcher
Maud Riley & Add Hampton
John Watkins & Clara Cross
Will Williams & Eva Kiser
John Boss & Lizzie Miller
Cleveland Toower & Unis B. Harris
Dennis Crutcher & Ada Brown
Grant Hamlet & Susie McMilliam
John Hill & Mary Taylor
Posted by Taneya on December 17, 2006